If you need another person to act for you in legal and financial matters, then you can appoint that person as your “attorney”, for example, you may be going overseas or may be physically disabled. The attorney can do anything on your behalf in legal and financial matters in relation to the sale or purchase of your property. This appointment ends automatically if you die but can continue after you have lost mental capacity – such a grant is called a power of attorney.

Westwood Conveyancing are authorised to provide a power of attorney only if the matter is in conjunction with a conveyance.

Contact us to discuss your specific requirements for a power of attorney!

Disclaimer: The content of this publication is for reference purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Specific legal advice should always be sought to take into account your individual circumstances.

Online Enquiry

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Disclaimer: All information is kept secure and will not be shared or sold to any third party.


Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to receive updates, property tips and the latest RBA rate announcement.